Because sometimes, and often on Mondays, we need to remind ourselves of all the pretty bitchin’ things in life (big or small), here’s my list of reasons Monday didn’t bring me down today:
– I dropped off both kids at school and neither of them were crying! This has happened approximately zero times previously. I considered buying a lottery ticket I felt so lucky.
– I had forgotten chocolate in my desk drawer at work.
– I woke up with a roof over my head, in a warm bed with a snuggly baby sandwiched between me and my sweet husband.
– Hank slept all night in his bed. This has happened approximately eleven times in his four years of existence.
– I crossed some things off my to-do list at work. Nothing makes me feel like a rock star human being quite like check marks in the tiny boxes of my my to-do list. Productivity is my form of validation.
– My husband is patient, handsome, good at giving hugs and laughs it off when I use his toothbrush instead of mine accidentally (which happens more frequently than I care to admit).
– The before school routine was off to a rocky start, but the ship was righted when Hank asked to listen to Sam Cooke’s Chain Gang in the car on the way to school. It’s kind of his jam.
– Katers said “backpack” today, and it was the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard.
– I live in a time when a machine exists that cooks delicious chicken taco filling for dinner while I am at work so we could enjoy a family dinner with minimal effort. Thank you science and engineering people of the universe.
-And finally, and maybe most importantly, there are Oreos in my pantry.